Friday, May 6, 2011

Final Project Day 6:

     Last night I worked on putting together my poster for the market. I decided to do a tri-fold poster than illustrated the important parts of bullying. For one of the sides I am showing the consequences of bullying. It lists depression, suicide, and school violence. I know a lot about the consequences of school violence, since I read Nineteen Minutes, which was focused on a school shooting. The research I have done has also shown how bullying leads to psychological disorders, which ultimately leads to depression and even suicide. I have stories such as Columbine and Phoebe Prince's suicide story to help demonstrate the seriousness of bullying. Side two of the poster lists many statistics about bullying that I found very interesting. My focus for this project is to educate people about the issue of bullying, and by showing people these shocking statistics, I hope that they will understand why bullying is so relevant and serious today in high schools. The final side of the tri-fold poster is my plea for people to take action now in order to stop bullying. I encourage people to sign the pledge I made as an action item and show that bullying can be stopped as long as we make an effort to prevent it. In addition to the poster I decided to show a short youtube video that shows how even non-physical bullying can be dangerous. It's titled "Words Hurt" and demonstrates how verbal bullying also has serious consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment